Wednesday 19 September 2012

Primark Haul September 2012!

Hello lovely readers, 

Everyone loves a haul right? I went on a spontaneous visit to my local Primark yesterday in search of a few tops for winter. I came back with the exact opposite - bottoms! Here's what I bought. 

Shorts £5
First up, dark denim shorts. The Denim Co £5 shorts range is great. I bought the wine coloured ones last month and have practically lived in them since. These have a cute aztec pattern in the inside back and the button and studs have a sweet little flower detail. 

Reindeer Skirt £10
When I saw this skirt I loved the design (hello, snowflakes and reindeer!) but wasn't so sure about the shape until I tried it on. The waistband folds over so naturally it's quite chunky and the pattern makes me feel all cosy and wintery. They also had this in black. 

Skater Skirt £6
This was something I had my eye on after seeing it on other blogs and vlogs. I was after black but they didn't have it in my size. When I got home I found out that this wasn't the 10 it had said on the hanger, but actually a 6. I couldn't believe it but at least I'd tried it on so knew it fitted me. I was a bit annoyed with myself for not noticing as they had a 6 in black and I could have got it. Grrrr!

Fair Isle Skirt £8
Another skirt that's pattern grabbed me. They had it in a sort of oaty colour way too.

Long Cardigan £10
Ignore the colour of the middle pic, but you get an idea of the shape of this. It's quite a thin cardigan sort of like the ones that everybody seemed to have from New Look. Again, it's one of the tones of red that I keep going for this season. The baggy curved pockets make it that bit different and they're finished with two small studs. 

Cosmetics Bag £3
Finally, I picked up this little bag to use as a make up bag for things that I use everyday. I'm fed up with having to fish things out from a box that has everything in it. They had it in turquoise too but I thought the blue went really well with the gold studs and zip. 

***

Primark hauls are probably my favourite thing to read on other people's blogs so if you've done one recently comment and let me know! I know the quality can sometimes be a bit dodgy but the prices (though they've gone up recently) are still the best around and like most places you have to just use common sense when buying things there. I was really impressed by the new season stuff they've got in and could probably have spent much more if I had it to spend!

Lauren x

P.S If you want something to fit you, ALWAYS try it on. I didn't used to think it was that important but the things I got yesterday range four sizes from a 6 to 12!


12 comments:

  1. Love this post! Especially the reindeer skirt, that's gorgeous :-) great mix of items xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bethan. I'm just in need of some tops I can kind of tuck in to the skirts now, ones that don't clash. Think I'll be making another Primark trip shortly!

      Delete
    2. Hey! Yeah, the reindeer skirt is so lush I just had to buy it! I never know what kind of tops to wear with it though... Any advice?

      Delete
  2. I love that long cardigan, infact I love all your purchases x

    http://beautyqueenuk.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think I'll get a lot of use out of the cardigan because it'll be ok in summer too.

      Delete
  3. i want the reindeer skirt!

    www.supposeishouldblog.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely isn't it! I can't resist a reindeer print, or anything with a nod to fair isle for that matter :)

      Delete
  4. love the skirt new follower... be lovely if you followed back.
    http://burstwithenvy.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michel,
      Thanks for popping by and following. I'll be sure to visit your blog too.

      Delete
  5. i love primark!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I wish wish wish you could order online, it would be so handy!

      Delete
  6. Love the skirts on you, they look ever so pretty and will look very cute in the winter paired with some tights and boots xx

    www.misssunshinesparkle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my blog readers old and new, so thanks for leaving a comment :)

If you'd prefer to email me then send it to pinkforflamingos@hotmail.co.uk

I like finding new blogs so feel free to leave your address, but please note that I don't 'follow for a follow' as I feel there's no point in this. I follow blogs because I like them, not because I feel obliged to do so. Rant over, happy blogging!