Sunday 2 September 2012

August Empties

Hello lovelies,

Have you all enjoyed the weekend? I know it's back to school/college for some of you this week, so hope you've made the most of it! I spent the last few days hanging around at my sister's house, watching films and tv, painting our nails, walking the dogs, and just doing the usual stuff really. Anyway, on to the empties...

I've not done an 'empties' post before, but as I seemed to use several things up at once, I thought now was the time! Hopefully it'll encourage me to use up some of the things that sit around doing nothing. 


1. Avon Advance Techniques Heat Protection Spray
When Avon changed the packaging of their hair range these were going super cheap for reps, so I bought four. I use it every time I blow dry/straighten/curl my hair. I can't exactly tell if it works, but my hair doesn't look damagaed and it gives me piece of mind!

2. Henara Shampoo
I picked this up cheap at a local discount store because it's meant to enhance your natural hair colour. I can't say I noticed any difference and I hate the fact that it doesn't lather up. It's also very liquidy, with no body to it. 

3. Avon anti-dandruff Volume Shampoo
I like this shampoo and would buy it again. I use it in conjunction with the Avon Volume spray and it does give my hair a bit of lift when I blow dry it after using this. 

4. 17 Va Va Voom Mascara
I did a post about this mascara earlier in the month. You can find it here. 

5. Garnier Deodorant Invisi mineral Calm
Looking at these deodorants in shops, there are so many different ones. I got this one because it has a really lovely, girly smell that lingers around. Having said this, I got a bit fed up with it by the end of the can. It is a good deodorant though and is really gentle on my skin.

6. Marks and Spencer's Cocoa Butter Lotion
I discovered a few months ago that M & S do a whole range of lotions, shower gels, bubble bath, etc, called Nature's extracts. The lotion's a light, non-greasy formula which actually feels quite thin but moisturises well. I opted for cocoa butter because I wanted something richly moisturising for my dry skin, but my mum has the lemon verbena and it smells gorgeous! 


So there you go, that's what's now in my bin. I'll be having to fish the mascara back out though as I read that the wands make excellent eyebrow brushes.

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my blog readers old and new, so thanks for leaving a comment :)

If you'd prefer to email me then send it to pinkforflamingos@hotmail.co.uk

I like finding new blogs so feel free to leave your address, but please note that I don't 'follow for a follow' as I feel there's no point in this. I follow blogs because I like them, not because I feel obliged to do so. Rant over, happy blogging!