Sunday 26 August 2012

Lemon Drizzle Loaf!

Today I made an easy peasy lemon squeezy loaf cake.

Looking a tad burnt here, but I assure you it doesn't taste it!
You can see the bits of lemon rind in this pic!

Recipe

1. Beat 170g each of sugar and butter.
2. Wisk in 3 eggs (each individually).
3. Gradually mix in 170g of self raising flour.
4. Grate the rind of one lemon into the mix.
5. Line a 1lb loaf tin with baking paper and fill with the mix. 
6. Bake on 180c/Gas 4 for 35 to 45 mins (keep checking  it as the time really fluctuates depending on your oven). 
7. Whilst in the oven add sugar to the lemon's juice to form the drizzle, as thick or as thin as you like. 
8. Pour the drizzle over as soon as you take it out of the oven. Some people like to poke the cake a few time with a knife or something so that the drizzle goes down through well. 
9. Enjoy :)

This really is such a simple cake to make, and yet so delicious. Let me know if you give it a go. 

Btw, this is the first time I've posted using Instagram pics, not really sure about them to be honest, they seem to look much better when other people post them!

Lauren x

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow, that looks scrumptious! Thanks for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lauren! How you doing? :)
    I got something for you on my blog.
    Go check it out here: Stars and Stitches
    Hope you'll like it love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so yummy, I think im going to try making it this weekend :) BTW i'm a new follower, come stop by my blog and follow if you like: www.steffysworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just visited you :) Thanks for all your lovely comments!

      Delete

I love to hear from my blog readers old and new, so thanks for leaving a comment :)

If you'd prefer to email me then send it to pinkforflamingos@hotmail.co.uk

I like finding new blogs so feel free to leave your address, but please note that I don't 'follow for a follow' as I feel there's no point in this. I follow blogs because I like them, not because I feel obliged to do so. Rant over, happy blogging!