Monday 20 August 2012

17 Va Va Voom Mascara from Boots


I mentioned in a recent post (here) that I've been using 17's Va Va Voom mascara. I've got on really well with it so thought I'd do a review. 

For anyone who is unfamiliar, 17 is a brand of make up that is made by the British chemist and beauty store, Boots. The range is aimed at the younger market, whereas Boots other make up brand, No.7, is aimed at a slightly older market.

This is what it looks like:

The tube is quite a chunky barrel shape similar to Avon's Supershock mascara. I like these as I find them easy to hold but I know that some people prefer something smaller and find these awkward.

My ancient camera didn't want to focus, but you get an idea of the wand.
The wand has the generic bristle brush end. It tapers ever so slightly to the end and is the type you would expect from a volumising mascara. Mine is looking quite clumpy now as the mascara's getting dry. I've been using it for a while now and I like to pump my mascara even though I know better!

The results:

left eye with mascara - right eye without

Sorry for the creepy, staring eye pic but it gives you a good idea of the difference between having it on and not. I think that it's a pretty decent mascara that does just as well as some higher end brands. Like I said, it's a little clumpy - I think this was a combo of my heavy handedness and also the fact that it's been open a quite a while now. I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is as to be honest I was expecting it to just be average. This is normally £6.29 but I bought it when all 17 mascaras were on offer for £4 and I had a £2 off mascara voucher from the advantage card machine, so it ended up costing me a mere £2!


What do you think? 

I took advantage of the offer and went back and got two other ones from the range too so look out for reviews on them in the future!

Lauren x













9 comments:

  1. This mascara looks pretty good I think I'll give it a try and also you have amazing eyes, lovely colour!

    http://emzoo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks good!:)

    http://laurenlovesmakeupxoxo.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really good for the price you paid! You have beautiful eyes btw :)

    abundanceoferica.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks lovely and really makes your eyes stand out! :) its such a good price too! well worth the money! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good! I wish they sell that here in the US though hehe

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's a shame they don't, but you do have a lot of other good make-up that hasn't made its way over here yet!

      Delete

I love to hear from my blog readers old and new, so thanks for leaving a comment :)

If you'd prefer to email me then send it to pinkforflamingos@hotmail.co.uk

I like finding new blogs so feel free to leave your address, but please note that I don't 'follow for a follow' as I feel there's no point in this. I follow blogs because I like them, not because I feel obliged to do so. Rant over, happy blogging!